Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fireworks, Fireworks, and More Fireworks

Cole and I went down to the river to watch the firework show they had. Need less to say on the website it said they would start them at dusk. Well I looked on weather.com and saw that the sunset was at 9:30 so I thought Cole and I would get down by 9:15 or so. I thought wrong. The fireworks didn't start until a little bit after 10:30. So it was an hour and 15 minutes for me to entertain Cole, or course I didn't bring anything to entertain him with. Oh well, there were lots of people on both sides of the banks shooting off fireworks for the majority of the down time. The firework show itself was pretty decent for a small town, they had enough fireworks to make it worth while. On a side note, the town was flooded out in the late 1990's and there are flood walls on both sides of the bank. So the sound of the fireworks was crazy loud with the walls, river, and down town buildings to help amplify the noise. Cole laid down on my chest and I covered his ears for the whole thing. The hardest part was trying to get him to settle down and go to bed when we got home.
Just some pictures encase there is anybody out there that has never seen fireworks
Cole earlier in the day coloring on the couch, thank goodness he wasn't literally coloring on the couch, he just happened to color in his color book and later on, all up and down his legs.

2 comments:

Jen said...

so THAT'S what fireworks look like ;O)

i don't think i've ever met a child who can color on a paper without coloring on themselves too.

Rich Smith said...

Loved the blog post. The pictures are uuu aaaa mmmmmaaa z z z ing. Ok well they are good pictures but you are right I have seen them before. Glad to hear you were able to keep Cole occupied. We did the same thing but I had Rykons Tonka Dump Truck. It was a life saver. See you very soon.
Rich