Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Solo Tomorrow

Well tomorrow is the big day, it is time to fly or not to fly. I will be going solo for the first time in about 5 years. I will be honest I am a little bit nervous but nothing I can't handle. I will be going up and working the traffic pattern in Grand Forks for about 30 minutes, like an all star of course. Since I didn't get to take any pictures this flight on Sunday I thought I would at least post some pictures the college has. The first picture is a picture of a piper warrior (the plane that I fly). The next picture over is the what the instructors commonly call "the round eye." This is the cockpit of the warrior with the old round dial instruments. The final picture is the newer cockpit of the warrior with the two display screens. I get to fly the newer cockpit commonly called the "glass." Thank God, it is much easier to fly with all of the instruments on one screen. It really cuts the workload down and allows you to fly the airplane more efficiently.


3 comments:

Jen said...

so how'd you do evil knievel?

Meg said...

That's awesome!! How'd you do. I still remember when you were flying before and you were going to let me come when you were practicing cutting the engines. I don't think I could handle it now.. I'm an old lady! LESS THAN 100 DAYS UNTIL GRADUATION!!! CONGRATS!!!

Rob said...

I actually did go with him here in idaho when he went through emergency procedures. Let me tell you of the joys. Please post how it went. Time flies by. Make sure you stop on smell the roses, before they are wilted and gone.