Monday, October 27, 2008

Keeping Up With Tradition

Well Steph, Cole and I would have loved to have been part of the Smith Family Tradition at your place. Plus if Cole and I were there I would have been warned by several people that if you carve a pumpkin too early you will be throwing it away before Halloween. Where were you on that one Rich? Since the competitive nature doesn't fill all of the Smith children I decided not to compete in this year's annual pumpkin carving contest. However if I were competitive I would be tempted to maybe post pictures like the one on the left. Or maybe toss out insults to my fellow competitors during the competition like..."Nice clothes, did your mommy lay them out for you?" But since this horrible characteristic doesn't run in my veins I am not going to do any of that. However Cole and I will continue to sharpen our skills for when that day comes. I will post pictures of Cole's pumpkin when he finishes it. We ran out of time before he had to go to bed.
<-------------This is the picture of the second pumpkin I carved this year. The first one is below in another post. I do have a third pumpkin that is scheduled to go under the knife sometime this week.

7 comments:

Meg said...

nice smack talk

SPARKY said...

make sure to post pics of the pumpkins you carve....

Quiltermama said...

wow...did you do that one in the pic? if so, i think you won! look for a box this week...

Jen said...

you have more patients than i to carve pumpkins like that. i need to take a picture of all of ours sitting on the walkway. sad. very sad.

Jen said...

that should say patience not patients. i'm so lame.

Rob said...

It's nice to see that what you learned in kindergarten has stuck with you all these years and over time you tracing ability is in full effect. My pumpkin on the other hand, although sadly sagging due to weather was drawn and carved freehand.

Rich Smith said...

Rob seems to be holding on to the 80's where we freehanded pumpkins. We will try to up grade him one day. I love the pumpkin that you carved. Enjoyed chatting with you yesterday. Have a good weekend and we will talk soon.