Friday, October 17, 2008

One more Step

I just finished up a flight today that consisted of a few hours in the air by myself. This was my longest cross country that I have ever flown alone. I flew from Grand Forks to Fargo to Park Rapids and then back to Grand Forks. I was in the air for 2.8 hours. This is one of the last steps that I needed to get my license. Now I just have to build about another 2.5 hours of solo time, a 1.0 hour final flight with my instructor, a ground briefing, and then my final check ride. I will let everyone know when I get my license and I will also let everyone know where I am at if I am flying so that they may avoid the area at all costs.

PS - I did get a couple of pictures that I might post later on. The weather wasn't very good so I didn't want to divert my attention for very long.

6 comments:

Jen said...

you are a smart man. keep both hands on the steering wheel...or the steering thingy. i'm not sure what it's called. whenyou get your license does that mean you can fly us to mexico?

austin does his flight tomorrow. he is so excited.

Jen said...

just kidding. i didn't know tim wanted to take him up so we are rescheduling with him. i'll let you know when he takes off.

Meg said...

that's so cool you got him a flight for his b-day. do you know the guy who is flying him?? how'd u get those connections??

SPARKY said...

very cool. but again, not jealous one bit. only jealous that you'll get to fly for free everywhere!

Rich Smith said...

awesome brotha! Keep on keepin on!
your almost done.

Quiltermama said...

just let me know when you are done. I still don't like having you up in the air flying. It's a mom thing...
Congrats on the solo thing!